Check out our services for replacing old electrical panels
An electrical panel can catch fire for a number of reasons, here are a few examples:
When the electrical panel is asked to handle more power than it was designed to handle, it can overheat and catch fire. This can happen when too many appliances or devices are plugged in or when an electrical circuit is overloaded.
If the connections inside the electrical panel are loose or corroded, they can generate heat, which can lead to a fire.
Damaged, frayed, or improperly wired electrical circuits can also cause a fire.
Circuit breaker failure
Circuit breakers are designed to trip and shut off power when an overload is detected, if the breaker fails to trip, the electrical panel can catch fire.
Old electrical panels can deteriorate over time, which can lead to a fire hazard.
Such as lightning strikes, floods or other natural disasters can also cause an electrical panel to catch fire
It’s important to keep in mind that electrical fires can be caused by a combination of factors, and the exact cause of a fire may not be immediately clear. An electrician or a fire investigator should be consulted to determine the exact cause of the fire.
Regular maintenance and inspection of your electrical panel by a licensed electrician can help to prevent electrical fires and to detect potential issues before they lead to a fire.
Call EPX today to replace your old electrical panel.